Recommended cuts: Loin Chops, Cutlets, Leg Chops, Steaks (round/topside), fillet, backstrap
- Remove the meat from the cryovac bag and allow it to come to room temperature (10 minutes out of the fridge, under a tea towel)
- Coat the meat in oil instead of adding oil to the pan/bbq/hotplate (this can help reduce the amount of oil used)
- Ensure the cooking surface is hot - the meat should sizzle, but the oil should not smoke (too hot)
- Cook for a few minutes on one side (see below) and turn only once.
- rare - just a few minutes on first side, then turn and cook until steak feels soft
- meduim - cook until moisture is just starts to appear on the top surface, then turn and cook until moisture is just visible on second side
- well done - cook until moisture is clearly visible on the top surface, turn and cook until moisture is clearly visible on second side.
- After cooking, rest meat on a warmed plate (covered with foil) for 2-4 minutes. This helps redistribute the juices throughout the steak.